Thursday, December 03, 2015

Old Injuries Never Die

This post will be short due to my current issues. It started out with me not feeling like blogging and even wondering if I was done blogging. I was finding it hard to come up with new daily material to write about. All my photos seemed to be in the same location and the same action shots of the hounds. Maybe the blog had ran it's course.

Before I could come up with an answer I woke up one morning a week ago, to find out an old injury from a serious car wreck I had in March 2010, had come back and it has put me on the sideline so to speak.

It's 24/7 of constant nerve pain and at times I cannot lift nor use my right arm.

All of the exercises given to me by Physical Therapists in 2010 to use if/when I had a flare up, usually work but for the past week they have not worked. Other techniques have not worked. Anti-inflammatory meds have not worked.

So once I can raise my right arm long enough to type, I'll post an update. Maybe by then I can decide if I want to continue to blog. Even with the pain challenges, the decreased time I have spent on the internet has helped me remember what it's like to live 'normal' again. I've been on the internet since 1996 for either work, enjoyment, and a lot of hours in a desk chair ... so maybe it's time.

All the hounds are fine, maybe Winston and the two bloodhounds have a little cabin fever but all of them are good.

I have enjoyed my vacation away from the internet.

14 comments:

  1. Nerve pain is really rough; hope you can get that to settle down soon. I got a chuckle about your comment on internet time. I was spot welded to a chair in front of a computer for much of my work life too (retired about 9 months before you did), and now do my best to avoid sitting for long spells at the computer. Eyes, head, and bod all feel much better as a result. If you enjoy blogging, keep it up. If not, give it a rest. Most of my blog reading comes through a feed (Feedly) and some bloggers update almost daily and some about once a month or even longer. It’s all good... Do the hounds ever wear winter sweaters?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hounds have never worn winter sweaters. The cold has never seemed to bother them, but they are never out very long either.

      Delete
  2. I periodically go through phases where I just feel like giving up the whole blogging thing as well & a bunch of times have tried to stay away from the computer for a few days but alas it only lasts a few days for me & I am right back at it. My problem is I like it too much to give it up........but I do have my days!! Too bad about that nerve damage. I've been fortunate so far not to have anything like that & I'm not sure how I would handle it if I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a painful process. I've looked at the Dr Ho info that Kelly mentioned.

      Delete
  3. Hope you get over that old injury pain soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As we both know, the older we get the longer it takes to heal. I just wish it would hurry up.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like time to take a break, explore other interests. Try submerging that arm in hot water infused with Epson salts. Time to visit a mineral-hot-spring spa! Hope you keep posting photos of the hounds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the Epson salts idea, I'll try that. I plan to keep posting photos of the hounds, maybe just less narrative.

      Delete
  5. I wonder what set it off .....hope it wasn't the cold.... we have a Dr. Ho we use for muscle/ligament issues, but not sure if it works on nerve issues, take care of yourself....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually the temps back here have been warm for this time of year. 50's in the day, some low 60's...and mid 30's at night. I've looked at the Dr Ho website and still trying to decide what to buy. In the past I have found it to be more muscle related than anything else.

      Delete
  6. When/If I reach the point that I miss writing a daily posting I too will probably just quit. So far I have not reached that point. There are days when I have nothing to say but I say it anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have my days and weeks of either not having time to update or not having anything to say. So I take a break and read others' posts. Hoping you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gary ... it seems to be a slow process in getting better.

      Delete
  8. As I mentioned a few weeks ago I am not receiving your posts in my email box. So I am only just just catching up. So sorry to hear about your suffering.

    ReplyDelete