Wednesday, January 06, 2016

A Short Note Tonight

I added a page about Winston's life that includes around a 100 photos +/- a few. One is at the top of the page called Winston's Story and the other is on the left side under "My Favorite Sites" called Winston's Biography.

I am happy to see at the other hounds adjust quickly to normal life. Heidi has the chair full time now, although Sadie seems to have liked it the past few weeks.


The "twins" are back to demanding being fed on "their time", with threats of Stella howling for food if I don't feed them when they want. Regular feeding times do not matter to them.


9 comments:

  1. Always good to know who the bosses are...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They remind me daily who this house is for and the field in back.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes they do ... probably better than most people. It's like Winston didn't know he was hurt so he figured out another way to walk through the field with help of the t-shirt sling under his hips. The bloodhound's personalities have helped during these sad times.

      Delete
  3. I think that perhaps Sadie and Stella have a pack to keep you busy :)

    Thanks for writing Winston's story, it put a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome. Sadie and Stella have been very good during this period of my up and down feelings. They've made me laugh with their possibilities, made me yell at them on their two walks a day "stop eating the deer shit" and they give me breaks by sleeping. Heidi on the other hand seems irritated that she is being woken up just because I am petting here. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should say "personalities" not "possibilities" ... auto spell check isn't a good thing at times.

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry my first condolence comment didn't make it. I'll make this shorter. I'm so sorry for your loss--happy that Winston had such a wonderful life with you. Hoping your memories help you through this very difficult time. Who couldn't love Winston?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, he was pretty easy to love. I'll eventually get back to normal, it's just a pain getting there.

      Delete