Saturday, May 07, 2016

The Hounds Were Lazy

From the start, all three hounds declared the afternoon was going to be more than just the normal slow pace. We started with weed eating as much of the drive as possible, along the north fence before the battery wore down. With clouds rolling in and rain looking probable, the car wash was cancelled.

Instead Heidi decided it was time to join us on a trip to the local Dairy Queen for a large Blizzard. We had to turn down the offer of a "pup cup" because that would be too much sugar and possibly affect her yeast infection ... by the way her skin looked all day today, we should have taken the ice cream when it was offered.

Stella moved her nap inside to outside. She put some serious thought into it and one photo catches her with her head up and her eyes closed. Can you see it?










Of course Sadie rarely lays down like that and always has to be on the move. With Stella sleeping and Sadie out in the field ... I moved inside to play with the blog template and change it ... I was bored, I needed something different and more tweaking may be involved.







It might be my eyes but the photos do look sharper to me in this template due to the dark background. Is it just me or can you see it also? Let me know if there is anything the new colors do that make it harder for you to read the blog. I am not sure if I like the color of the links on each sidebar.

It rained for less than a minute today ... huge drops of rain. Also another day of not finding any ticks on any of the hounds. Heidi has spent a lot of the afternoon rolling on the carpet, growling at herself ... and scratching.

I think I am feeling a quiet Saturday night here in 'the tropics' of Southern Indiana.

17 comments:

  1. I do agree that your photos look sharper with the black background, and I don’t have any difficulty reading the blog. I don’t know if this makes sense, but for me anyway, your blog had a cleaner (or maybe crisper) look the way it was before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what a lot of people said when I went to a white background ... the rage with blog and websites in 2016. (cleaner look). Maybe I can work with something like before and make the post area background darker. Although I like this color combo. Thanks for the reply, gives me something to think about and try.

      Delete
  2. This is really weird, but after I made my comment all the print seemed to be smaller and looked rather blurry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how's the font size now?

      Delete
  3. Now it looks bigger but still a bit blurry. Maybe it is just my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I left a reply here last night about the blue combination looking like the KC Royals :) That was about the the thunderstorm took out my satellite internet reception ... because that comment is not here this morning.

      As you can see I went back to my original color and white (clear & crisp) background....but the change in font makes it look better I think. Let me know if you or anyone else has trouble reading the new fonts.

      Delete
  5. This is just me being the critic that I am but I do not like the two gray margins on each side with the narrow strip of white between them. I missed your other change before you changed back.

    The font size and clarity is fine and I never have had any problems with the 'sharpness' of your photos but I am not much of a judge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is the gray on the left and right sidebar to dark? I tried to make them as light as possible but still enough to separate the posting area and the sidebars. I'll go back to all white, I like making changes ... lol. The change last night was drastic ... a dark off color blue with the posting area having a black background.

      Delete
    2. Ed I may have chosen the wrong margins but I am assuming you were talking about the two gray sidebars and not the background. Let me know if I guessed wrong.

      Delete
    3. This is better; although I now think I know what you were trying to do with a gray margin, small white space and the 'sidebar' information in another gray column. Perhaps now separate the sidebars from the main body of text with a single gray line on each side?

      Delete
    4. That was the thing I was looking for months ago ... a way to separate the main body and sidebars. I see the template design has a blog for css. I might have to do some studying and find out how to install that single gray line on each side. My only choices were change templates like WinnieViews or the gray background for the sidebars.

      I may look at some different template designs available on Blogger, change the background to white, the fonts and colors to what they are now. I am still reading a really good blog over at www.trekkingwiththebs.blogspot.com

      Delete
    5. Ed ... check your email junk folder for my email sent just a few minutes ago, 6:06pm eastern time.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. They will thank you for that. When I first got Stella last August she barely opened her eyes. I guess as she figured out this was her new home and she could trust me and the other hounds, she started opening them more. She's a thinker. Sadie on the other hand is always active and has become quite gray this past winter. She will only be 8 years old in June but I guess she turned gray early like her slave (me) did.

      Delete
  7. I like the look...period. Ppotos seems great to me, love the ones of Stella.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's my eyes but they seemed to have looked sharper before. I know they look sharper on my Wordpress blog and they are the same photos just not as many of them. I must admit, Stella is pretty photogenic.

      Delete